Blocked Shower Drains repair in Sydney
Pouring Boiled Water down the shower drain
Most blockages in sinks and tubs are due to a combination of hair, grease, soap residue, and oily water that are trapped in the drain trap right below the drain opening. You can try to loosen the blockage with hot water—very hot. Pouring a pot of boiling water directly down the drain into the trap may dissolve the clog, especially if it consists of fat, oil or grease. If Hot tap water won’t do the trick it’s best to use boiling water.
Baking Soda & Boiling water
As we mentioned earlier that Baking Soda is not suggested to be used while unblocking Toilets, it is approved to use to unblock showers, How this is performed is simple:
- Start by pouring a pot of boiling water down the drain.
- Next, pour a cup of baking soda and 1 cup water/1 cup vinegar solution.
- Cover with the drain plug and wait for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour boiling water down the drain again.
If the shower doesn’t unblock, then it’s best to have a professional come in and unblock it for you.
Unblocking with a plunger
The best and final method is using a plunger to unblock your shower drain this is performed by following:
1. Place the plunger over the drain hole and pump the plunger. The suction cup has to be below the level of the water that’s standing in the blocked sink.
2. Pump the plunger with a steady strong pump
3. When it is unblocked the water will drain away nicely and you’ll have a free flow of water.
4. Use drain cleaner to make sure nothing else is left in the pipes. Put your gloves on and mix up the drain cleaner, following the instructions on the packet. Tip the drain cleaner down the drain and leave it to sit for the appropriate amount of time. Flush it through with clean water.
Please fill out the following form to request for the service. One of our staff will reply to you as soon as possible.